Maintenance and Care of leather boots. Do you want to enjoy your beautiful leather Bootstock boots for as long as possible?
Below are tips on how to maintain them properly.
1. Preferably, do not wear the same boots every day. Moisture and bacteria from your feet can accelerate wear and tear. This way you immediately have a good reason to purchase an extra pair of boots!
2. Use boot tensioners. This way the boots cannot collapse or dent, which can cause damage. Don't have boot tensioners? Then use paper. This can also absorb the excess moisture.
3. If your boots need a treatment, clean them first with a soft brush (a stiff brush can damage the leather). You can also use a cloth or sponge with (soap) water and / or white vinegar. Make sure the boots are clean and dry before handling them.
4. You can treat the leather with a "leather conditioner" that is available in either a liquid substance or a cream. Color-based shoe polish or cream is also available to preserve the color of the leather.
5. Rub the conditioner in with a soft cloth or sponge. Then let it soak in well. Excess fat can be removed with a cloth. If you want to give your boots extra shine, you can polish them with a shine brush.
6. To extend the life of the boots, an impregnation spray can be used. Impregnation is done to make the boots dirt and moisture resistant.
7. An anti-bacterial spray can be used to clean the inside of boots.
8. Have you been outside and are your boots dirty? Then use a soft brush to remove excess dirt. With a small brush (eg a toothbrush) you can clean the edges along the soles and the stitching on the boots.
9. Then wipe the boots with a clean damp cloth to remove dirt and mud. Do not rinse the boots under the tap, as they will get too wet.
10. If your boots are wet, let them dry at room temperature. Leather dries out due to heat, so do not place leather boots next to a heater, fireplace or other heat source. Remove the insoles. You can dry the inside by putting paper in the boots, this absorbs the moisture.
11. You can use baby wipes for suede boots to clean them or a special suede cream.
12. Are your boots dirty and can you no longer clean them with the above tips? Use leather grease or shoe polish in a slightly darker color to hide the stains.
Hopefully your boots will look like new after these tips! Do you have a specific question about this? Let us know via our customer service!